Strongly united by the purpose “We help make your world a safer place”, Securitas successfully integrates technology, people and knowledge to offer protective services to clients all over the world. Securitas offers security services by combining expertise in on-site, mobile and remote guarding with electronic security and experience in fire and safety. The group has 345,000 employees in 47 markets worldwide.
Securitas vision is to become the Intelligent Protective Services Partner through being client centric, data driven, and people focused. Our protective services help make your world a safer place.
Securitas IT is a global function that creates the capabilities of a modern and powerful IT technology needed to fulfil Securitas business strategy. We develop and invest in technology and people. Our 700 co-workers support digital products and services for clients and transforming and protecting our existing IT landscape, making sure our 345,000 colleagues all over the world can work efficiently in a modern IT environment.
The Director of Global PMO is responsible for executing the Securitas methods and practices around provisioning IT into the business, improving the overall PMO maturity across the organization and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of digitally oriented initiatives.
The organization is in a steep developing journey where there are numerous areas of opportunity to change, grow and transform. Freedom within the role is high with many abilities to influence the route going forward – why both experience and a strategic mindset is off essence.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Facilitate among the PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around the mission, vision and objectives of the PMO organization to foster a project-management-oriented culture and mindset.
- Lead the development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon goals and objectives.
- Drive change. Regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve the project management best practices, project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards – in close cooperation with the PMO tooling and processing team. Short term focus to strengthen the PMO quality assurance process and impact analysis guidelines.
- Overseeing the development of ongoing projects and programs to ensure that project and program managers are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the requirements stated within the defined PMO framework and tooling.
- Portfolio Management. Provide consolidated progress status updates, including financials and budget outlines of the portfolio to Executives.
- Lead the internal Securitas project management community to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders.
- Distribute work and provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the PMO team.
- Continuously contribute to the development of the Sourcing & PMO organization in close cooperation with Vice President Sourcing & PMO.
Experiences and Competence
- The successful candidate will have genuine background from leading a PMO in a technical organization in an international context.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project, or Portfolio management with a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proven track record of organizational development and enhancement.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Experience from working in global matrix organizations.
- Experience of running change management projects with multiple stakeholders, preferably cross-border.
- Relevant university degree in Engineering/IT with business mindset, or equivalent in Economics with technical knowledge or interest.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are vital along with an ability to build networks.
- Possess analytical skills, a strategic mindset, and a willingness to take on considerable responsibility.
Remote/Office mix. Office available at Securitas HQ in central Stockholm, Sweden.
If it all sounds good for you, don’t hesitate and apply!